Hi, I am Yun Xiao
I am an Assistant Professor at the Department of Economics, University of Gothenburg (GU). I received my PhD from the University of Amsterdam (UvA), under the supervision of Hessel Oosterbeek and Pauline Rossi.
I am an empirical microeconomist with interests in labor, development, and family economics. Within these fields, I am particularly interested in topics related to human capital, fertility, and socioeconomic inequalities.
You can find my CV here and reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Heterogeneity in the Multidimensional Child Quality-Quantity Trade-off and Its Consequences for Intergenerational Mobility (Job market paper)
2. Aid Fragmentation and Corruption (with Travers Barclay Child and Austin Wright, R&R at the Review of Economics and Statistics)
3. Spillovers in Childbearing Decisions and Fertility Transitions: Evidence from China (with Pauline Rossi, R&R at the Journal of the European Economic Association)
4. Beyond Boiling: The Effect of In Utero Exposure to Treated Tap Water on Childhood Health (with Li Li, R&R at the Journal of Environmental Economics and Management)
5. Early Life Exposure to Tap Water and the Development of Cognitive Skills (with Yvonne Jie Chen and Li Li, Journal of Human Resources, forthcoming.)
6. Education and Gender Role Attitudes (with Huichao Du and Liqiu Zhao, Journal of Population Economics, 2021, 34, 475–513.)
7. Effect of Reliable Electricity on Health Facilities, Health Information and Health Services Utilization: Evidence from Rural Gujarat, India (with Yvonne Jie Chen and Namrata Chindarkar, Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, 2019, 38(7).)
8. Education on the Cheap: The Long-run Effects of a Free Compulsory Education Reform in Rural China (with Li Li and Liqiu Zhao, Journal of Comparative Economics, 2017, 45, 544–562.)